The University Hospital Bonn (UKB) is a maximum care hospital with more than 1,306 planned beds. Our more than 8,300 employees perform tasks in research, teaching and patient care as well as in public health at the highest level. In 2021, the UKB has the fourth-highest case-mix index and the best economic result of the university hospitals in Germany and is ranked first among the university hospitals in NRW in the science ranking (LOMV).
The Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bonn (Germany), research group of Prof. Dr. Yongguo Li, invites applications for a
PhD student/doctoral position (m/f/d) (Thermogenic fat biolody)
The position is available for four years because a project. It's a full-time position.
The project aims to study the molecular networks and epigenomic mechanisms underpinning white adipose tissue heterogeneity and plasticity. Specifically, the project exploits natural genetic variation provided by inbred mouse strains as a ‘mutagenesis strategy’ to define cis and trans regulatory molecular networks as well as epigenomic mechanisms and has fundamental implications for efficiently harnessing the power of fat plasticity with translational potential for prevention and treatment of obesity and diabetes.
- In vitro and in vivo investigation of browning capacities of adipocytes with different genetic background
- Define cis and trans regulatory molecular networks as well as epigenomic mechanisms underpinning browning capacities
- Successfully completed bachelor’s and master's degrees in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related sciences
- Very good knowledge in molecular and cell biology
- Creative and open mind. Willingness to learn new techniques and concepts
- Previous work experience in a molecular laboratory, human and/or mouse tissue culture and animal experimentation will be considered an advantage
- Awareness of the 3Rs principles; ethical research, transparency and integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Young and ambitious research team
- Highly collaborative, interdisciplinary and vibrant research community
- Salary according to the German salary scale TV-L 13
- “Jobticket” (subsidized public transport)
- Possibility to use the day care center
- Structured onboarding
- Career development opportunities (advanced training courses, workshops, Mentoring)
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It is certified as a family-friendly university. It aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are under-represented and to promote their careers in particular. It therefore urges women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the Landesgleichstellungsgesetz (State Equality Act). Applications from suitable individuals with a certified serious disability and those of equal status are particularly welcome.
Do you meet our requirements and are you looking for a varied and challenging job? Do not hesitate and send your complete and detailed application including the following documents: cover letter with a brief description of your motivation and research experience; curriculum vitae; list of publications (if any); two letters of recommendation and relevant certificates. Please, send any inquiries and your application by e-mail as a summarized PDF document until 21.07.2022, quoting job advertisement no. 353_2022 to:
Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie