We combine excellence in research, teaching and patient care. The University Hospital Bonn is a maximum care hospital with more than 1,300 beds. With around 38 clinics and 31 institutes as well as more than 8,000 employees (over 5,000 full-time staff), the UKB is one of the largest employers in Bonn. Every year, the UKB treats around 50,000 inpatients and around 35,000 emergencies, as well as providing over 350,000 outpatient treatments.
The group led by Stefanie Poll at the Institute of Experimental Epileptology and Cognition Research (IEECR) is recruiting the following position:
Research Technician (m/w/d)
starting as soon as possible and for a period of 3 years because of a project, with the possibility of an extension.
The recently launched research group of Stefanie Poll is embedded in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary research environment, with an excellent research infrastructure and a vibrant community. It is member of the CRC 1089 (DFG SFB) and works in close collaboration with local and international scientists.
The group is deciphering the structure and function of relevant neuronal interactions across brain regions, thereby addressing fundamental research questions regarding the mechanisms of information processing and their impairments in CNS diseases, like neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric diseases, but also tumors of the CNS.
- Assistance in all aspects of the experimental work in the laboratory; this includes: genotyping of transgenic mice, immunohistochemical analysis of brain tissue, confocal microscopy, plasmid purification, applying and establishing analytical assays)
- Data analysis and internal presentation
- Assistance in laboratory-relevant administrative and management tasks
- Collaborations with colleagues within the local as well as with the international scientific community
- Supervision of internships
- Become an integral part of the scientific team
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Interest in neurobiology, ambitious, highly motivated, team-oriented
- Technical Assistant in Biology or Medicine (e.g. BTA, MTA), Biological laboratory technician or an equal training
- Experience in at least one of the following methods is beneficial: standard molecular biology techniques, immunohistochemistry, microscopy (e.g. confocal, STED or multi-photon microscopy), trained in research with rodents (e.g. behavioral experiments, general handling, tissue extraction)
- Competent in spoken and written English and German
- Highly collaborative, interdisciplinary and vibrant research community
- Salary according to the German salary scale TV-L
- “Jobticket” (subsidized public transport)
- Possibility to use the day care center
- Structured onboarding
- Career development opportunities (advanced training courses, workshops)
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It is certified as a family-friendly university. It aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are under-represented and to promote their careers in particular. It therefore urges women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the Landesgleichstellungsgesetz (State Equality Act). Applications from suitable individuals with a certified serious disability and those of equal status are particularly welcome.
Applications and questions regarding the job offer should be addressed to Stefanie Poll, referring to the reference number 188_2022 until 09.06.2022.
Your application should be submitted as one combined pdf file (max. size 5MB) and should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of references (complete address including email and telephone number)
Prof. Dr. Stefanie Poll
Institute of Experimental Epileptology and Cognition Research (IEECR)
University Hospital Bonn
Venusberg-Campus-1, Building 76